Movie Rental Company (MRC) is a startup company providing DVD kiosk service in upscale neighborhoods. MRC can own several copies (VIDEO) of each movie (MOVIE). For example, a kiosk may have 10 copies of the movie Twist in the Wind. In the database, Twist in the Wind would be one MOVIE, and each copy would be a VIDEO. A rental transaction (RENTAL) involves one or more videos being rented to a member (MEMBERSHIP). A video can be rented many times over its lifetime; therefore, there is a M:N relationship in the Data Model between RENTAL and VIDEO. RENTAL_DETAIL will be added in the Data Design as an association record to resolve this relationship and will store the DueDate and ReturnDate of the video.
Details on the MRC database table descriptions, relationships, and cardinality are given below:
MEMBERSHIP is a table containing the members of MRC. Members are uniquely identified by their member number. Please use the following attributes for this table:
MEMBERSHIP(MemberNum, FName, LName, Street, City, State, Zip)
RENTAL is a table which contains information about rental transactions for MRC. Each rental transactions has a rental number which uniquely identifies that transaction and a date in which the rental transaction took place. Please use the following attribute names for this table:
PRICE is a table which describes the movies as Standard, New Release, Discount, or Weekly Special. Each of these categories has its own rental price and late fee. Each of these is uniquely identified by a price tier. Please use the following attributes for this table:
PRICE(PriceTier, Description, RentFee, DailyLateFee)
MOVIE is a table which has entries of the various movie titles available at MRC. Each movie is uniquely identified by a movie number. Please use the following attributes for this table:
MOVIE(MovieNum, Title, Year, Cost, Genre)
VIDEO is a table which has the acquired date for each copy of the movies owned by MRC. Each video is uniquely identified by a video number. Please use the following attributes for this table:
Table Relationships and Cardinality
· Members of MRC can have multiple rental transactions, but are not required to have any.
· Each rental transaction must belong to a single member.
· Rental transactions can be for one or more videos and since videos are re-rented, they could appear on more than one rental transaction. However it is possible that MRC has a video which has never been rented yet.
· MRC can have many video copies of each movie, but may not have acquired copies of all movies at this time. MRC only has videos of the movies stored in their system.
· MRC has set up a 4-tier Price category structure for movie titles. At any given time MRC may have zero to many movies in each price tier. Each movie belongs to at most one price tier and is not classified into a price tier if not videos have yet been acquired.
1. Create a Data Model for MRC using Crow Foot notation with attention to good style.
1. Entities and identifiers should be present in the model.
2. Be sure to show relationships with maximum and minimum cardinality.
3. Rename the tab from Page 1 to Data Model.
2. Copy your Data Model to a new tab and rename to Data Design with attention to good style.
3. Convert your Data Model to a Data Design for MRC using Crow Foot notation.
1. Tables and primary keys should be illustrated in this design.
2. Foreign keys should be indicated by an (FK) at the end of the attribute.
3. Be sure to show relationships with maximum and minimum cardinality.
4. A title labeling it as your MRC Data Model or Design should be added to your sheet using the Text tool in the Tools group of the Home tab. Also use this Text tool to add your name as I will likely print these pages to grade them.
5. Make sure that each of your model and design fits on a single landscape page.
6. Save your Visio file under the name MRC.
7. Submit your Visio file to Canvas on or before the project due date.
1. The PK icon can be turned on/off by a right-click on the attribute and checking/unchecking Primary Key
2. The FK icon can be turned on/off by a right-click on the attribute and checking/unchecking Foreign Key
3. By default, relationship lines are identifying. You can make relationship lines non-identifying by a right-click on the relationship line and unclicking Set Identifying.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Do My Homework has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Do My Homework, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.