Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate and explain an understanding of interpersonal communication theories and concepts.
2. Apply interpersonal communication theories and concepts across various contexts.
Course Learning Objectives
1. To examine the development of a close relationship
2. To explain the role of communication in relationship maintenance
3. To identify factors that impact interpersonal relationship
4. To practice self-monitoring for developing competent interpersonal communication skills
This paper uses autoethnography as a research methodology. You will examine one of your close relationships from which you will collect data to explain, apply, and expand your understanding of interpersonal communication theories and concepts. If you do not feel comfortable discussing a close relationship, you may talk about a work or a professional relationship.
1. Select one close relationship that you would like to examine for this paper.
2. Keeping this relationship in mind, write your paper by answering the questions required and provided.
3. Define five relevant key terms from the textbook as you answer each question. Highlight the key terms. Cite the textbook in the body of your paper and at the end of your paper.
4. Include at least one specific example from your personal experience to support your answer to each question and apply key terms you defined.
5. Submit your paper organized in this way – introduction, body of your paper (from Questions 1-6) and conclusion. The body of your paper must have at least four pages, double-spaced.
6. Use APA or MLA in citing your references.
1. What is the type of close relationship you selected (friendship, family, or romantic)? Who is the person involved (the person should be real but you may use a pseudonym to hide the identity of this person)?
2. How did your relationship start? Using Knapp’s Stages of Relationship Development, identify and describe the current stage of your relationship. What is/are your goal/s for this relationship (i.e. to maintain, to make well-informed decision about the future of this relationship, to learn from previous relationship, etc.)?
3. Which of the interpersonal communication factors (culture, self, and perception) affect your relationship the most? In what way? Give an example.
4. What competent communication skills do you think you and your partner need or want to strengthen and/or maintain your relationship? Give an example of how your and your partner’s way of communicating has caused or causes problem in your relationship.
5. Describe your relationship’s communication climate and what contributes to that climate. Give an example.
6. What typically causes conflict in your relationship? Which management styles do you and your partner typically use? How do they work in managing conflict in your relationship?
7. In relation to your goal, what have you learned from your experience and the class about the role of communication in interpersonal relationships?
Knowledge (10 pts.) – defines concepts correctly and demonstrates understanding of concepts through application
Evidence (10 pts.) – provides concrete, detailed examples that are relevant to and support claims; enhances readers’ understanding of concepts defined
Connection (10 pts.) – ideas are relevant to the assignment objectives, description, and requirements; answers all questions
Organization (10 pts.) – introduces topic with a clear thesis statement, previews main points, uses connectives to move from one set of ideas to another, and concludes with an insight relevant to what was discussed in the paper
Stylistics (10 pts.) – has zero grammatical and typographical errors; formats paper properly; adheres to required length, spacing, and text format
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Do My Homework has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Do My Homework, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.