1. (1 point) Evaluate the following lac operon partial diploids. Indicate whether the production of functional β-galactosidase from lacZ and of permease from lacY is “inducible”, “constitutive”, “absent” or “noninducible” for each partial diplod
a. F’ I+-p+o+Z+Y+ X F- I+p+o+Z-Y-
b. F’ I+-p+ocZ+Y- X F- I+p+o+Z-Y+ c. F’ I+-p+ocZ-Y+ X F- Isp+o+Z+Y+
2~3 Describe the effects on attenuation and on tryptophan synthesis of the following mutations of the two tryptophan codons (UGGUGG) in the attenuator region of operon.
2. (1 point) The tryptophan codons are mutated to UAGUGG. 3. (1 point) The tryptophan codons are mutated to UUGUUG.
4. (1 point) What would be the phenotype of a null mutation in the CRP protein gene in the regulation of Lac operon and why?
5. (1point) What would be the phenotype of a “constitutively expressed” mutation in the CRP protein gene in the regulation of Lac operon (i.e. CRP proteins are always highly expressed) and why?
6. (2 points) A repressible operon system, like the trp operon, contains three genes, G, Z, and W. Operon genes are synthesized when the end product of the operon synthesis pathway is absent, but there is no synthesis when the end product is present. One of these genes is an operator, one is a regulatory protein, and the other is a structural enzyme involved in synthesis of the end product. In the table below, “+” indicates that the enzyme is synthesized by the operon, and “-“ means that no enzyme synthesis occurs. Use this information to determine which gene corresponds to each operon function.
G+Z+W+ ￼ ￼ +
G-Z+W+ ￼ ￼ + G+Z-W+ ￼ ￼ – G+Z+W- ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G-Z+W+/G+Z-W- ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G+Z-W+/G-Z+W- ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G-Z-W-/G+Z+W+ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G+Z+W-/G-Z-W+ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ +
7. (1 point) Gene A is maternally imprinted (silenced) while Gene B is paternally imprinted when imprinted silencing occurs. A Mom with Genes A and B imprinted and a Dad with an imprinted Gene A have a daughter and a son. The children then marry individuals known not to be silenced for either gene. What is the imprint status of the daughter and son respectively? If each marriage results in the birth of a daughter and a son, what would you expect the imprint status of genes A and B to be for the grandchildren?
8 ~ 9. On a rare occasion, human can be born with a condition known as “uniparental disomy”. This happens when an individual inherited both copies of a chromosome from one parent but no copies from the other parent. For example, abnormal sperm that lacks chromosome 15 can fertilize an egg that contains two copies of chromosome 15. This is known as maternal uniparental disomy 15. Alternatively, there are cases of paternal disomy 15 (an abnormal sperm with two copies of chromosome 15 fertilizes an egg with no copies).
8. (1 point) If a female is born with paternal disomy 15, would you expect her to be normal or have Angelman syndrome (AS) or have Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS)? And explain why?
9. (1point) Would you expect her to produce normal offspring or offspring affected with AS or PWS?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Do My Homework has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Do My Homework, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.